Selected Events for year 1977
- Jimmy Carter Elected President of United States
- President Carter grants pardon to American Draft dodgers of the Vietnam War Period
- The New York City Blackout lasts for 25 hours and results in looting and disorder.
- World Trade Center in New York, is completed
- French is adopted as the official language of Quebec ,Canada
- Cyclone in India kills 20,000 and leaves 2 million homeless
- Egypt's Leader President Anwar al-Sadat breaks rank with other Arab nations and recognizes the state of Israel
- Opium Perfume introduced in France
- Four Palestinian hijackers hijack a Lufthansa airliner demanding the release of 11 imprisoned members of Germany's Baader-Meinhof terrorist group, also known as the Red Army Faction
- The US returns the Panama Canal back to Panama
- The first Apple II computers went on sale
- NAVSTAR Global Positioning System GPS Inaugurated by US Department of defense
- The first ever Quadraphonic concert in London by Pink Floyd
- The first commercial flight Concord London to New York
- The first MRI Scanner is tested in Brooklyn
- NASA space shuttle makes its first test flight off the back of a jetliner
- Voyager I and Voyager II are launched unmanned to explore the outer solar system
Popular Culture 1977
- Record company EMI sacks the controversial UK punk rock group the Sex Pistols.
- Star Wars opens in cinemas and filmgoers line up for hours to see it
- The development of punk music, from groups like the Ramones, Iggy Pop's ,Clash, Elvis Costello, The Stranglers, and the Sex Pistols
- The King " Elvis Presley" Dies at the age of 42 from a heart attack on 16.8.1977.
FAMOUS BIRTHDAYS - MARCH 2, 1977
- ME!!! hehehehe
- Chris Martin, British musician (Coldplay)
- Andrew Strauss, English cricketer
1977 was the year of snake, also under the same zodiac: 1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1989 and 2001.
Wikipedia: "People born in the Year of the Snake are deep. They say little and possess great wisdom. They never have to worry about money; they are financially fortunate. Snake people are often quite vain, selfish, and a bit stingy. Yet they have tremendous sympathy for others and try to help those less fortunate. Snake people tend to overdo, since they have doubts about other people's judgment and prefer to rely on themselves. They are determined in whatever they do and hate to fail. Although calm on the surface, they are intense and passionate. Snake people are usually good-looking and sometimes have marital problems because they are fickle. They are most compatible with the Ox and Rooster."
-You can read the above zodiac forecast but believe you cannot! for Allah has promise that every human being are created equal and own destiny. If it is coincidence ~just let it be.